Whether it’s drug use, sex or overspending, do you wonder if your behavior is crossing the line into addiction? Dr. Gary Stollman, Ph.D., is a psychotherapist who helps individuals overcome self-defeating patterns of behavior. He gives 10 key signs of having an addiction.
1) Recurrent failure (pattern) to resist impulses.
2) Frequently engaging in those behaviors to a greater extent or over a longer period of time than intended.
3) Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to stop, reduce or control those behaviors.
4) Inordinate amount of time spent in obtaining the object of addiction and/or engaging in or recovering from the behavior.
5) Preoccupation with the behavior or preparatory activities.
6) Frequently engaging in behavior when expected to fulfill occupational, academic, domestic or social obligations.
7) Continuation of the behavior despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent social, academic, financial, psychological or physical problem that is caused or exacerbated by the behavior.
8) Need to increase the intensity, frequency, number or risk of behaviors to achieve the desired effect, or diminished effect with continued behaviors at the same level of intensity, frequency, number or risk.
9) Giving up or limiting social, occupational or recreational activities because of the behavior.
10) Resorting to distress, anxiety, restlessness or violence if unable to engage in the behavior at times.
This story originally was originally published by Dr Phil
l View Hide Sources:
l View Hide Sources:
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
l Family & Friends
l Dual Diagnosis
l Inpatient Treatment